Giving birth to my 6th child and never would I have imagined it would turn out like this

Giving birth to my 6th child and never would I have imagined it would turn out like this




Soooo... At 35 weeks pregnant with only a few more weeks to go, I had a great pregnancy with no complications at all with a very active baby who I felt move and kick all day long..... until it just suddenly stopped. 


On the evening of the 24th, I mentioned to my husband that I haven't been feeling movement from our baby, which concerned me a bit but not enough to think anything was wrong. The next day I was pretty busy so I didn't think of it much until that evening when I realized that for the 2nd day in a row, same thing, No movement. 


I felt completely fine with no pain or discomfort. I always thought if something were wrong, I'd feel it physically or have some type of discomfort but no, NOTHING

At 1am in the morning, I just randomly told my husband to call after hours so I cld mention it to my doctor. They told me to come in just to check it out to make sure baby is doing fine. As soon as I arrived were so relieved to hear a heart beat and thought we'd be on our way Back home. 


Baby still wasn't moving and after just a few minutes, the nurse mentioned that something is wrong but Didn't know exactly what. Before I knew it there were multiple nurses and doctors surrounding me all performing different tasks, which was so scary & overwhelming. 


Within 30 minutes of arriving an Emergency C-section had been scheduled for me and I found myself on an operating table totally unprepared to have a baby. After birthing 5 babies previously, never had I had a C-section. On Oct 26th @ 2am, weighing just over 5lbs. Jayceon Neizy Atkins made his entrance into this world.


My baby had his umbilical cord wrapped extremely tight around his neck and had I waited any longer, he could have possibly never made it. The doctors kept telling me how lucky and happy they were that I listened to my body.


 Still.... today he's in the Nicu with other complications being closely monitored and is awaiting a series of tests that he had to take to determine the severity of it all. 


He can't and hasn't been fed since birth and is breathing way faster than he should and could be in the Nicu for up to month or even more, depending on his progress. Praying that it'll be way sooner. It really breaks my heart to have to go home without my baby, having to leave him here


We're trying to stay as strong as we can and ask that you guys continue to keep him in your prayers. Thank you sooo much for all the love/prayers that you guys sent over to us already. 


You will never know how appreciated you are. Will definitely keep you guys updated as much as I can as we embark on this new journey together. Love you guys sooo very much.



Please don't forget to Like & Share..... welcoming baby Jayceon to our family 



Post a Comment

Konsultasi Bidan Kita

Previous Next

نموذج الاتصال