Kernow birth story, Truro birth centre - Water birth and GBS+

Kernow birth story, Truro birth centre - Water birth and GBS+



🏩Truro birth centre- Water birth and GBS+

When we found out that we were pregnant we were super excited! Made even more special that we were going to be looked after by the wonderful staff I'd had the pleasure to work with
At around 6 weeks pregnant the Hyperemesis started and I was admitted a few times for rehydration until we found a combination that worked. 


During the rest of my pregnancy I felt extremely anxious, we were in and out of lockdowns and restrictions and I had a few bleeds. I then found out that I had Group B Strep which sent me into a panic, I was anxious about birthing due to my first experience and I thought that this would affect my birthing preferences.


 However, my midwife Dayle explained to me that I could still use Truro Birth Centre as they are able to offer Intravenous Antibiotics and facilitate a water birth. This somewhat eased my anxieties a little.


At 39+3 as I got out of the bath my waters broke spontaneously without contractions. I phoned the triage line and we made our way to Delivery Suite. The panic set in as it all began to feel so real. During the 40 minute drive mild irregular contractions began. 


On arrival I was met by the wonderful Ann-Marie who examined me with consent. I was 1cm and she gave me a stretch and sweep to help things along with the plan for another examination in 2 hours to see if there was progression or whether the hormone drip would be required due to the GBS.


I started contracting regularly so the Intravenous Antibiotics were given and at 2pm I was examined and was 3cm so we headed over to the Birth Centre at around 2:30. The pool was ran for me, contractions were coming thick and fast. Once the pool was ready I got in, 


I accepted some gas and air and breathed through the contractions. At around 3:30 I started to feel myself bearing down involuntarily, Ann-Marie suggested seeing if I could breathe through the feeling. At around 3:45 I could no longer breathe through it and began to panic. 


I asked to be examined as I was worried I was getting the urge to push without being fully dilated which happened with my first.

I got out of the pool, Ann-Marie confirmed I was 10cm so I got back into the pool, left the gas and air at the bed. After 30 mins of pushing our beautiful little girl was born into the water. 


I caught my own baby and brought her out of the water myself. We had delayed cord clamping and a physiological 3rd stage.


We had hours of undisturbed skin to skin and breastfeeding (still feeding 19months on). It was such a magical, surreal and healing experience for us both and we are eternally grateful for everyone who cared for us 💖 


A big thank you to Ann-Marie for protecting our birth space, believing in me and allowing my body to do it's thing 


🌻 If you’ve had your baby at Truro Birth Centre, we’d love to share your birth story.



Post a Comment

Konsultasi Bidan Kita

Previous Next

نموذج الاتصال